Kerala KrishiBhavans Internship: The Department of Agriculture is offering an opportunity for aspiring educated youth for internship in the grass root level offices of the department such as KrishiBhavans. Through this, they can increase their awareness of the agricultural scenario of the state and gain hands-on experience in crop planning and cultivation, marketing, extension, administration, and allied fields. This will give them a better chance to interact with the farmers as well as functionaries in the agriculture and allied sectors.
Kerala KrishiBhavans Internship 2022 – Objectives
The main objectives of the scheme are as follows
a) Interaction with farmers and those who wish to enter farming and thus be a part of the mass campaign programme “Njangalum Krishiyilekku”
b) Collection of information regarding
- Present crop area
- Crop Health status
- Anticipated time of harvest
- Estimated market arrival
- Market scenario and challenges faced by the producers in marketing
- Assessing the availability of land for agriculture
- Resource mapping of the area
- Evaluation of the outcome of past interventions
- Channelising technical support wherever possible.
c) Getting exposure to the functioning of the office with respect to
- Front Office management
- Updation of data/data entry
- Supporting extension activities within the office
Kerala KrishiBhavans Internship Eligibility, Application, and Selection procedure:
- VHSE Certificate holders in Agriculture and Diploma holders in Agriculture/Organic Farming will be eligible for internship.
- Age should be between 18-41 years as on 01.08.2022
- Eligible candidates can apply for the scheme online. The application form (Annexure l) can be downloaded from the website and duly filled application form along with certificates is to be submitted at the time of interview.
- An amount of Rs.2500/ month will be given as incentive to the interns. The interns selected will assist and support the officials in the Department in conducting extension activities, distributing planting materials, collection of information from field, assisting farmers to gain maximum support from the Department and strengthening of Agricultural Markets, data entry works and such other works as mentioned in the module and as decided by the Agricultural Officer/Asst. Director of Agriculture/ Principal Agricultural Officer. The period of internship is 180 days (six months) and should be completed within this financial year. On successful completion of the internship, the Principal Agricultural Officers should issue a certificate to the interns which can be utilised as an experience certificate.
|1||Publicity on Mass media||Before 11.07.2022|
|4||Intimation to KB/Interns after selection||29.07.2022 & 30.07.2022|
|5||Commencement of internship||01.08.2022 onwards|
Duly filled application form along with certificates is to be submitted at the time of the interview
The date of the Interview will be intimated by the Principal Agricultural Officers of the Districts / Assistant Director of Agriculture in blocks, wherever is applied.